Sunday 10 March 2013

The girl with the hidden face


The girl with the hidden face

 

I saw you last night in an ordinary bar

Couldn’t figure out who you are

I’ve seen you somewhere before I think

I can’t help but stare and sip my drink

 

Tried all day but can’t get you out of my head

Thought of not seeing you fills me with dread

I need to see you again and again

Losing you would drive me insane

 

I suddenly realise I let out a scream

You’re the girl from my endless dream

Your face has always been hidden to me

Now I’ve met you, your face I can see


In my head for years you’ve been at the back

I just needed to get on the same perfect track

I’ve put you on a pedestal all these years

Wondering who you are, shedding many tears

 

You turn out to be a friend of a friend

Your number I get, a message I send

Simple asking to meet up for dinner

Surely I’m on for a perfect dinner

 

The dinner a hit, a relationship begins

Unquestionable love always wins

A tiny spark is now a huge flame

My eternal light, yours the same

No comments:

Post a Comment