Saturday 11 April 2015

Broken Path


I didn’t say I knew, I just said I understand

How could I imagine life in your forgotten land?

I know times were tough but you stayed on so strong

You moved around not knowing where you really belong

 

Chorus

One step at a time, hold your head up high

The past has gone it’s time to say goodbye

Wipe away the tears, time to move on

At last the broken path has finally gone

 

The broken path behind you the cracks in the past

Life starting over and you’re throwing another cast

Cracks getting smaller now a river of stepping stone

Now the I has become we, you won’t face life alone

 

Bridge

Just try to hold on I’ll be there as soon as I can, hoping that I’ve got enough to be your only man

Our paths have reached a crossing, a fork in the road; let me help you lighten the load

 

We found each other alone as our broken paths met

The day in our hearts, the time we won’t ever forget

I’ll hold you hand tight and I’ll never let you go

We’ll make the path smooth, taking it nice and slow

No comments:

Post a Comment