Monday 21 September 2015

Nan’s Ghost

I had a dream about you that I’ve never had before
You were walking towards me, pointing towards a closed door
Your smile was warm and I longed for your embrace
You wrapped your arms around me and I was in a happy place

You whispered in my ear and told me everything would be ok
Telling me you were with me every single day
Just to hear those words spoken filled my empty heart with love
I knew that everything would be ok, as you looked down from heaven above

I hope I dream about you again tonight, as I miss your loving smile
My wish is to be reunited with you but that won’t be for a while
I know I was only ten when you died but you left a whole in my heart
Our life together cut short, it was far too early for you to depart

I hope I’ve made you proud, as my journey has taken many directions
The mistakes that I’ve made, I’ve turned them into positive corrections
You last saw me as a loving boy and now I am a man

It’s sweet dreams for me tonight and I hope to see you later Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment