Sunday 25 June 2017

November Nights

A cold November night
Rain pecking the window pane
Darkness arrived, fading light
Taking a trip down memory lane
I close my eyes and I see you
Sitting in your favourite chair
Laughing as you usually do
My love for you fills the air

Chorus
November nights I held you close to me
November nights it was always you and me
November nights I wanted them to last
November nights now sadly in the past
November nights sharing a kiss or two
November nights it was always me and you

We were young we made mistakes
Things were said I take them back
Forgotten times, new dawn awakes
Our relationship back on track
My eyes open and you’re gone
House is quiet and I’m all alone
I thought you were the one
Sat waiting, staring at my phone

Bridge
What happened to those November nights?

Why did we throw it all away?

No comments:

Post a Comment