Saturday 21 March 2020

Goodbye

I knew you would be leaving
But I didn’t know so soon
It was hard to say goodbye
But none of us are immune

The world is a different place
It’s different from before
I want you to be safe
So please all stay indoor

I hope I’ve taught you well
Made a small difference
With memories in your mind
You’ll remember a fond experience

At times I had to feed you
But that was just the start
I’m not sure what will happen
I hope I played an important part

When you left I cried
I’m not ashamed to say
You always smiled at me
Even though you struggled each day

As a teacher I just don’t teach
I love, care and guide
I’m the law in your hectic life
But you knew I have a soft side

I’m there when you are broke
Putting you back together
I’m there to catch your tears
You are in my thoughts forever

Now as the uncertainty begins
And I won’t see you again
Be sure I’ll have your back
And I’ll never forget your name

No comments:

Post a Comment