Thursday 5 August 2021

Control

It's 6:30 in the morning and another groundhog day

Staring in to nothing, hypnotised, not having a say

Wanting all this fame to disappear straight away

Management controlled me, moulded me to think this way


Chorus

How do I escape?

How do I break free?

Why are they doing this?

Why can't they see me?

When will this all end?

When will they hear my plea?

Will you come and rescue me?


Another day alone surrounded by people I don't know

Forever in the spotlight but I have nothing at all to show

People passing judgement, they don't want to let me grow

Management don't ask just in case that I say no


Bridge

Always losing never can I win

Can't escape this place I'm in

Head hurting, always in a spin

Stay strong, never will I ever give in


Strange things happen when suddenly I want a voice

No longer taking orders, all I want is to have a choice

Standing all alone, laughing as I begin to rejoice

Decisions are made and at last I happily have a choice



No comments:

Post a Comment