Thursday 28 December 2023

3am Thoughts

 3am thoughts

We said we moved on but I know it’s not true

I think you’re not alone but for me there’s only you

Our lives so different and I wish we could go back

Somehow, we derailed and I swerved off the track 


Chorus:

It wasn’t meant to be this way

That’s the price that I’m having to pay

It hurts me each day after day

I’m in a game that I cannot play


When the darkness comes and I’m lying here all alone

The silence deafening waiting for a sound from the phone

Trying to switch off but the minds working overtime

In jail with my 3am thoughts for committing a crime


I remember the day we met like it was yesterday

You looked straight at me and I didn’t know what to say

As the night drew to a close, we ended it with a goodbye kiss

It’s the holding of hands and the taste of your lips that I miss


Dreaming too much - we’ll be together again

If I told you that now you would call me insane

Trying to move on but I keep falling down the hill

I’ve never healed and I don’t pretend that I ever will


No comments:

Post a Comment