Tuesday 16 April 2013

Boston Marathon


We lined up to take our place

In this years Boston Marathon race

Spirits high, adrenalin thumping

Heart racing, blood pumping

 

The gruelling route squeezing your energy

The finish line a perfect imagery

Step by step a personal victory

Wanting to be part of this amazing history

 

The crowd’s applause keeps me going strong

I look up to the finish, see something wrong

Smoke is flooding the street line ahead

I fear the worst, people dead

 

Rushing to help those runners in need

An injured man, a young child bleed

People searching for the family or friend

Making calls and messages to send

 

An ambulance man guides me away

I beg to him ‘Please let me stay’

Wondering around can’t believe my eyes

The air filled with other people’s cries

 
My happiest day has turned so sour

The injured toll rising by the hour

I made a good friend at the race start

Throughout the race we drifted apart

 

I see his blood shirt draped on a door

My knees buckled I fell to the floor

I try and rush over to the hospital bay

A young innocent man taken away

 

His last breath he struggled quietly to say

I just wanted to race in Boston today

Our hands gripped tightly one last time

Suddenly the impact of this evil crime

 

I can’t understand the criminal’s mentality

Wanting to cause this much fatality

Innocent lives will never be the same

Is this all just a political game?

 
I’d like to hope that good will win

Too much evil is surely a sin

For this terrorist fight I won’t abort

I’ll stand side by side to show support

No comments:

Post a Comment