Sunday 19 May 2013

Always in your shadow

Ever since I was a child

I was always second best

Wanting to do something wild

But seen as a little pest

 
Growing up people knew your name

I was always the other brother

Our child hood exactly the same

Just like our beautiful mother

 

You had a gift that opened doors

A quality I didn’t have

You often won the football wars

I watched with a lad called Gav

 

We played together for a while

You got goals as I defend

You played lethargic but with style

It drove me round the bend

 

You won awards with every team

I always seemed so close

To have your skill was such a dream

Even just a dose

 
Even now as I continue to play

People remind me of your ability

“He was brilliant” I gracefully say

The support is my stability

 

Just once I wanted to be recognised

For more than what I know

And maybe win that first prize

No longer in your shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment