Sunday 10 April 2016

Fighting for my dreams

My friends said I was crazy to be thinking I could be a star
The dreams I had as a small child were just a bridge too far
They had a small town mentality and couldn’t get out of this rut
But I knew I could make it, I knew I could make the cut

Chorus
(but) I’m going to keep on fighting,
Fighting,
Fighting for the dreams I had
I’m going to keep on dreaming,
Dreaming,
Dreaming for the life I want
I’m going to keep on hoping
Hoping
Hoping for my one big chance
I’m going to keep on dreaming
Dreaming
Because dreaming never hurt nobody (at all)

Made my way to the city not knowing what to expect
Met a few good people who showed me love and respect
No luck ahead, casting agents repeatedly closing the door
Telling me I didn’t have the look and they wanted something more

Bridge
Need someone to open the door and let me seize my moment
Because these hopes and dreams nobody is going to break them

Tried to make some much needed cash standing on a corner selling tours
At night worked in a bar but got tired of asking ‘what’s yours?’
People telling I should give up and begin to move back home to town
But I won’t give up until I’m on top of the pile wearing my crown


No comments:

Post a Comment