Saturday 10 December 2016

Sparkle

I saw you looking down
Too afraid to look up
You quietly sat in the corner
Drinking from you favourite cup
No one gave you a chance
You didn’t know how to smile
Keeping your thoughts to yourself
Not spoke for a while
Everyone but you has a sparkle
They seem to light the way
But you live in darkness
Darkness is your everyday

Then something changed
You began to look up
You came out from the corner
Putting down your favourite cup
Another small step
You spoke softy and began to smile
You seemed at peace
If only for a while
Darkness faded
Light began to shine
To be happy or sad
There is such a fine line

Your eyes told the story
You’ve been hurt before
I didn’t ask you to talk
Your heart's been at war
What I clearly observed
Life was very low
My job was very simple
To help you find a cure
Now I see you with a smile
Walking through my classroom door
Smiling, laughing and loving

You have your sparkle once more

No comments:

Post a Comment