Monday 10 June 2013

A Child: Leave Me Alone

I’m quite happy being left alone to get on with my own thing

I don’t need to be put down a slide or thrown down a swing

I’m quite happy at home making a big Lego house

And please please stop asking if I want a pet mouse

 

I’m quiet happy watching the cars go by so fast

I don’t need to be told a story about you in the past

I’m quite happy listening to the birds singing in the tree

Don’t keep interrupting asking “What do you see?”

 

I’m quite happy making a den out of this cardboard box

I don’t need an ipad, computer or phone that unlocks

I’m quite happy sitting quietly on your comfortable knee

I don’t need a running commentary about what’s on the TV

 

I’m quite happy going home to play in the garden after school

I don’t need you to invite the street to play in the paddling pool

I’m quite happy not going to every club at night or the weekend

Please don’t force me to join in and find another friend

 

I’m quite happy when it’s just the three of us together

And yes I don’t mind going out in all kinds of weather

I’m quite happy when we go out and you’ve left your phone

And yes it’s ok to sometimes to leave me alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment