Sunday 30 June 2013

Second Chance

Do you believe in a second chance?

Will you give me just one more glance?

To have the courage to ask you out again

After the first time the rejection, the pain

 

I see you around with your imposing brown eyes

I crack a few jokes and exaggerate a few lies

To make you laugh is something I adore

Please at last open the relationship door

 

In the back of my mind I know what the answer will be

Sometimes in life you’ve just got to ask and see

We both have busy lives but that’s just an excuse

My head can’t take much more of this emotional abuse

 

How do I approach this difficult subject?

Am I going to be just another reject?

What’s the secret to unlocking your true love?

Do I have to get permission from the big man above?

 

A date, a dance that may lead to something more

A promise that the relationship won’t be a chore

I’ve got some doubt if we will have that dance

But hopefully you’ll give me that second chance

No comments:

Post a Comment