Saturday 21 September 2013

Falling

In my eyes you were always at the top

The people who helped you, you never forgot

Always willing to listen and take on advice

Wanting guidance you never asked twice

 

But suddenly it was taken away all too quick

Like a magician performing an unbelievable trick

The entertainment ladder of success so hard to climb

And when you’re on top, the world is so sublime

 

The illness meant you couldn’t perform any longer

Your friends and family becoming much stronger

A unique talent that you wanted to share

Why is life sometimes unfair?

 

To watch you struggle just simply to breathe

Makes me angry, makes my blood seethe

Your frail body just lying peacefully in bed

‘Continue to make them laugh’ you softly said

 

So I’ll try and perform and give it my best

I know you’ll be there as a spirit guest

But sadly God is quietly calling

I can’t believe I had to watch you falling

No comments:

Post a Comment