Wednesday 4 September 2013

I Saw You Different Tonight

I thought it was going to be the same old night

Meeting friends, love was never in sight

Then you walked in the door like many times in the past

My head suddenly turned my heart focused at last

 

You’re hair flowed like never before

My heart found what my eyes had saw

You glided in the room unknowing of my lust

I needed to talk to you, really, I must

 

We spoke with friends in a tight small group

My head and my heart at last on one loop

My eyes fixed, my ears ready to listen

You stood by the window your face a glisten

 

We spoke so briefly I didn’t know what to say

I put some money in the jukebox it was ready to play

The song began our hands came together

I wouldn’t let go, not now not forever

 

I thank my luck stars each and every night

When I look up to the sky our star shines bright

A friendship that has blossomed into something more

Thank you for walking through that bar room door

No comments:

Post a Comment