Saturday 18 January 2014

She’s not you


It started as a feeling deep down in my soul

A furnace burning using large black coal

The feeling unusual I’ve never felt before

Messing with my mind and ripping out my core

 

I’ve met other women all of whom seem great

The feeling of friendship is how I end the date

Walk away empty but why I haven’t a clue

Listening to my heart tell me she’s not you

 

You turned my head and opened my heart

When I see you around I never want to part

Your smile and eyes have me mesmerized

I feel as though I’ve won the lottery winning prize

 

Another girl came on the scene a while back

We had a few dates and my heart did crack

But again we met and other feelings they flew

What can I say this girl just wasn’t you

 

I’ll wait a while longer if that’s what it takes

Prepared to risk everything for the highest stakes

I’ve tried to take a chance and gamble with one or two

But to put it simply they’re just not you

No comments:

Post a Comment