Wednesday 1 January 2014

My Prayer

Maybe I don’t pray as much as I could

But the big man upstairs knows I do good

I try and live with good morals and honesty

I hope 2014 will be the year I want it to be

 

I pray for health for family and friends

And that their happiness never ends

I pray that they will always strong

As sometimes life can be so very wrong

 

I pray for peace for us all to enjoy

As getting along is an important joy

I pray for children not to be hungry anymore

The government should pass a suitable law

 

I pray that cruelty stops now for all

And people have the courage to make that call

I pray that no one suffers any more violence

And that they find strength to end their silence

 

I pray for love for one another

Especially for my father and my mother

I pray that you find that special relationship

And that you forge a new lasting friendship

 
I pray that the cold will no longer be cold

And that we never forget the young and the old

I pray for the sick to be finally healed

And the NHS grant to be confirmed and sealed



I pray for the lonely to have company

And for people to have empathy

I pray for more smiles on people’s faces

And hope they travel to interesting places



I pray that god will hear this simple list

And prove to people he does exist

I pray that each of you who read this prayer

Will show each other love and care

No comments:

Post a Comment