Sunday 4 May 2014

Dear Mr Gove


Mr Gove I’ve been in teaching for nearly ten years

When I first started I had many nervous fears

Would the children respond to my teaching ways?

Am I ready for those many long working days?

 

The answer is simple the children did respond

No secret way and I didn’t wave my magic wand

I showed interest in their lives, no problem too small

I even picked them up when they hit the academic wall

 

Ten years on and a damaging change is in sight

Children aren’t robots and they won’ get everything right

They make many mistakes just like me and you

Please listen to teachers because you haven’t a clue

 

The children I teach have many social issues

If I told you a story you’d need some 4 ply tissues

Just for them to come into school is a credit beyond belief

For them it’s more than school it’s a short term relief

 

I, like many, don‘t just teach what the curriculum says

I try to inspire them so they move on to happier days

Give them an opportunity to live their life to the best

So please Mr Gove give your out dated curriculum a rest

 

I understand Mr Gove that you have to inspect

But please when you do show teachers some respect

Don’t be cruel and judge us before you come in

Relying on statistical data and not looking within

 

I’m tired Mr Gove of jumping through unnecessary hoops

Ticking boxes and putting children in academic groups

The next generation of teachers will continue the fight

And maybe one day the government will get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment