Saturday 17 May 2014

Fighting for survival


Fighting for survival

 

Everything was going great according to my life plan

I thought I was unbeatable I was the unbeatable man

Working hard everyday being the best I can be

As I believed nothing in this life is for free

 

Then a routine check up, the doctor sent away my test

He told me to take it easy, as my body needs to rest

I asked him why and what did he expect to find

My thoughts raced around my overactive mind

 

A letter marked important arrived within a couple of days

The clouds no longer white but a wash with dark greys

My hands shook nervously as I opened it slow

Tragically my life no longer had the morning glow

 

My heart sank, my life crashed, six months to live

I wanted and needed more, as I have a lot more to give

So much to say to the people I love so very dear

Not being able to say it was my only living fear

 

I decided to fight this illness the only way I knew

I did so much fighting in the six months, they flew

My aim to help others and show them how to survive

Keeping the illness dead and the people alive

No comments:

Post a Comment