Sunday 15 June 2014

Another Sleepless Night


Lying in bed my mind still awake

Not wanting my body to get a simple break

Thinking thoughts that nobody knows

My mind like a waterfall that always flows

 

Thoughts about a loved one that’s moved away

Not knowing if she’ll come back soon some day

A missed chance to tell her how I really feel

Hoping she reads my statement of appeal

 

Thoughts about a bill you can no longer pay

A phone call begging to leave it one more day

A promise to a friend that you’ll pay it all back

The heartache knowing that you’ll probably get the sack

 

An unexpected text arrives in the middle of the night

Struggling to find your phone in the dim morning light

News has arrived saying that a loved one needs to talk

Your thoughts now sprinting no longer a steady walk

 

And now as we approach another sleepless night

The morning sun in the distance not quite in sight

My thoughts begin to open my sleepless door

Unable to do anything I’ve been here before

No comments:

Post a Comment