Saturday 7 June 2014

The World Cup


Every four years we hope they can deliver

Hoping to make the other teams quiver

A new star will emerge from the competition

Ready to pounce and beat the others into submission

 

As a young child I watched my heroes perform

Gracing the field while around there was a storm

Players from different countries I’d never seen before

Watching so many games making my eyes very sore

 

Players I’ve never heard of and names I can’t pronounce

Shouting loudly at the defenders not to let the ball bounce

Strikers shooting and creating wonderful goals

Players diving and doing numerous roles

 

The passion, the parties and the BBQ fire

The final game going down to the wire

An England victory would go down so well

But think we need a wizard to cast a winning spell!

No comments:

Post a Comment