Sunday 8 June 2014

You Don’t Know Me


I see you name and my heart skips a beat

I still haven’t yet accepted defeat

Your eyes only see what they want you to see

You see my name but you don’t know me

 

You’ve seen the character I like to portray

You see for me life is better this way

It’s now time for that character to finally flee

It’s time for you to get to know the real me

 

How can a guy like me get a girl like you?

When it comes to it I haven’t a clue

I’ve hinted my intentions but then turn shy

Even in pictures I can’t look into your eye

 

You don’t know that I could be the only one

Give me a chance, if it doesn’t work, then I’m gone

You don’t know that I admire you from a far

To me you’ll always be the brightest star

 

When we speak the conversation quickly dries up

I come across as an idiot and hide behind my cup

Your beauty makes me mess up my bubbling speech

Are you the girl that is clearly out of my reach?

No comments:

Post a Comment