Thursday 27 November 2014

A Dash of Colour


All I ever saw was the world a wash with grey

Then you walked into my life that fateful day

Your beaming smile graced your perfect face

The greyness gone, the world now a colourful place

 

The trees that once looked so dour and lifeless

Suddenly perked up with leaves and brightness

Swaying silently in the breeze as you walked on by

You make me feel like I’m the luckiest guy

 

The orange torch shone like it’s never shone before

Creating the prefect shadow of you, once more

A blossoming red rose in your hair took centre stage

The colour that was once trapped has escaped the cage

 

Now you are in my life I see the world completely different

Will you be the one to break my unknown fear of commitment

My eyes once only saw the greyness, gloom and the black

But now I have found colour, thankfully,  I won’t be going back

No comments:

Post a Comment