Saturday 22 November 2014

Accepting Defeat


I honestly thought I didn’t have a chance

But what I would give to have one more dance

The room would empty leaving us on the floor

If love is an illness then this would be the cure

 

However I won’t have that moment at all

For my advances have hit the invisible brick wall

I looked into your eyes and I knew I would fail

But you, my love, will always be my holy grail

 

It’s time for me to move on but not sure I can

It hurts so much to see you with another man

Linking his arm and laughing at his joke

My heart didn’t melt it just simply broke

 

Which way to turn I honestly don’t know

One thing for certain I’ve hit another low

This is my attempt at accepting a defeat

Hoping that one day my heart will again beat

No comments:

Post a Comment