Thursday 4 December 2014

A shadow on the street


Unseen as you walk on by

Cast aside, another social lie

Life at rock bottom but what do you care

Too busy to notice, not even a stare

 

The coldness of day echoes in the night

The sleeping bag cold, zipped up tight

Tired, alone another night of no sleep

Life’s cruel mountain has become too steep

 

Not sure how or why I ended up here

I once was full of Christmas cheer

Now no loved ones, no-one to kiss

It’s the simple things in life you miss

 

My body shakes from the cold within

My once padded jacket is wearing thin

Unable to find the strength to move

Unable to get out of this downward groove

 

My body sore, I’m not in good health

Our lives judged on power and wealth

When you’re out look down at your feet

Please be aware of the shadows on the street

No comments:

Post a Comment