Sunday 21 December 2014

Walk Away


You know how I feel about you, that was never in any doubt

We knew it would be difficult but we would never scream and shout

Our love grew stronger throughout the times, both good and bad

I always thought we would survive because I knew the love we had

 

Every time I looked at you or held your hand so tight

I always felt the luckiest man and it always felt so right

I never thought the day would come when we walked a different path

I never thought I see a frown where I once made you laugh

 

You had a choice that you had to make, I was always going to lose

I didn’t think that your family would ever make you choose

I understand although it’s hard but what will be will be

You tried hard to compromise but your family wouldn’t agree

 

I gave my loving heart to you and it will always have an open door

We cried at our decision and couldn’t believe what we had to endure  

I wish you love and happiness and in my heart you’ll always stay

But I’ll never forget that moment that I had to walk silently away

No comments:

Post a Comment