Saturday 20 June 2015

Let you go

It’s the toughest decision I’ve had to make
But this is the opportunity you have to take
I can’t be the one who stops you and your dream
I don’t want to be the dam stopping your stream

Inside it’s hurting and I’m screaming my love for you
But on the outside I’m blank, wanting nothing from you
The tears I shed are memories of us leaving me
Your bright future ahead is all I want you to see

I have to let you go
I have to tell you lies
My heart is breaking
There’s grey in the skies
I have to let you go
Step to one side
I have to forget
You’re on another ride

I have to escape and find a way to move one
I keep looking around, pretending you haven’t gone
The pain of you leaving is crushing my heart
Why isn’t life simple?  Can we go back to the start?

Bridge
Will I ever see you again? Will our lives past once more?

I’ll always be here waiting ready to open love’s door

No comments:

Post a Comment