Friday 28 August 2015

I don’t understand


Just an ordinary day
You had nothing new to say
I asked you how you’ve been
A conversation you weren’t keen
I simply tried to talk
You got up and went out for a walk


Chorus
I don’t understand
What I’m meant to have done
All the arguing
Now we’re back to square one
You said that you trust me
You said you believe
Why have you gone?
Why did you leave?

The house now feels so cold
I’m all alone and feeling old
There’s an emptiness inside
That I’m struggling to hide
There’s a cold side to the bed
Tell me was it something I’d said

Bridge
What have I got to do to make you come back?
We need to get out lives back on the same track

I thought you were going to be the one
This is a game I haven’t won
Trying to come to terms with this
But it’s you I really miss
You won’t give me a second glance

I just want one more chance

No comments:

Post a Comment