Wednesday 19 August 2015

I can’t tell you

I remember the first day that we met
That beautiful smile I’ll never forget
You walked through the open door
Ripping my heart open to the core
I stared, didn’t know what to say
But I knew it was my lucky day

Chorus
I can’t tell you how I feel
I can tell you that it’s real
And it’s hurting me inside
Do I let the stars be my guide?
I can’t tell you how I feel
You have broken my heart’s seal
Do I hide these feelings forever?
But you never say never

I think of things that I need to say
A hundred times a different way
Over thinking thoughts in my head
All the things you could have said
Do I give up and finally say goodbye?
And continue to live a lonely lie

Bridge
I close my eyes and I see you sitting and smiling back at me
You can unlock my heart but you don’t know you have the key

I want to tell you what’s on my mind
But the courage I can not find
It ends up being turned into a joke
Hiding these feelings behind the smoke
The timing never seems just right

I just want to be able to kiss you goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment