Sunday 31 January 2016

Ten Years Too Late

Sometimes you meet somebody who turns your world around
Someone who lifts you up when inside you are feeling down
A simple text or message can make your day or night
Someone you want next to you on life’s long haul flight

Chorus
But I’m ten years too late
Too late to be given a chance
I’m not after pity or sympathy
Just want to be given a second glance
When we go out we go out as friends
I’m sadly stuck in that zone
Some night I will find the courage
To call you up on your telephone
We’ll arrange our very first date
But I’m afraid I’m ten years too late

I see your posts on facebook and I wish I could say what I think
To hold you close one evening after an evening of laughter and drink
When we are together I try and tell you exactly how I feel
The way you make me smile, my heart can no longer conceal

Bridge
So what happens now?  Do I continue to hide in the background?
Searching for someone like you but why search when it is you I’ve already found

The past we can not change but the future is up for discussion
We could make sweet music like an orchestra and its wonderful percussion
Yes no doubt we will turn heads but I really don’t care what they all say
I just want to be with you for now and every day

No comments:

Post a Comment