Sunday 7 February 2016

Love in your eyes

I never knew what love was until I held you in my arms
You didn’t know who I was until I whispered my name
Suddenly your eyes opened revealing love I had never known
For the first time ever I realised that life was more than a game

A heartbeat I could feel that beat in time with mine
You smiled a perfect smile that lit up your beautiful face
A tiny hand that wrapped itself around my index finger
Love connected us, without hesitation, as I felt your tender embrace

For years I struggled, I never knew if this day would arrive
Always wondering why it hadn’t happened to me so far
I see others with the perfect family, living a life I wanted to have
And now I finally have you my life, my perfect superstar

I watched as you fell asleep lying peacefully in your cot
I know I should cherish this moment as tears filled my eyes
Soon you will be up and about leaving to continue your journey

I hope every time I look at you I can still see love in your eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment