Friday 19 February 2016

The Invisible Child

I sit in the classroom on a table with three
I’m not more able or S.E.N
I’m simply just me
I don’t have a temper or prone to an outburst
I just want to be visible
I have an educational thirst

My attendance is perfect and I’m never late
My homework in on time
And I’m everyone’s best mate
I do my very best and wouldn’t dare complain
I put my head down
Unfortunately, you do the same

I thrive at the subjects that you’ll never measure
Music, PE and art
I do them for pleasure
Sports day comes around and my turn to shine
Winning all the races
No praise is mine

SAT’s come around and my learning has gone into decay
More and more testing
We repeat everyday
You know my name but you don’t know who I am
My likes and interests
Is this a government scam?

The end of the year and my annual report is due
You tick the boxes
I’m average in more than a few
I’m hoping next year that I become more visible
Recognition at last

But for now I’m still invisible

No comments:

Post a Comment