Sunday 27 March 2016

I walked the night

The darkness approaches and silence fills the air
I walk the streets alone I walk without a care
Shadows fill the streets the moon a perfect sphere
Slowly step by step I move up another gear

Out of the city lights the stars flash dance in the sky
Dreaming I was free, dreaming I could fly
Face to face with my thoughts they become much more clear
Unable to turn back I have the need to face my fear

Rain begins to pour and I take it as a sign
I carry on walking knowing that I’ve crossed the thinking line
My reflection in a still puddle makes me look so relieved
A huge weight of my shoulders because I always believed

The night draws to a close and the sun begins to rise
My thoughts become the truth the enemy is only lies
Steps become shorter and the need to walk gradually ends

I no longer walk alone; I’m now surrounded by my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment