Sunday 6 March 2016

That Smile


I didn’t know what to expect when I went out that Thursday night
But something stirred inside me telling me it was going to be alright
The weather was atrocious and my positive mood was quickly wearing thin
But I didn’t remain defeated as when I saw you I knew I would win

I stood alone by the bar blending unnoticed in to the background
Hoping you would notice me above the band and their musical sound
The night was under way and the noise turned in to a raucous laughter
If Disney signs the movie then this will be our happy ever after

You sat down stylishly at your table and stared straight towards me
A smile that’s worth a million dollars and I got to see it all for free
For a moment I stared, then looked away as I couldn’t comprehend
Was that I sign or a signal, I missed, for me to become your friend?

And now, as I close my eyes, that smile still won’t leave my head
I keep thinking of all the romantic things I wish I could have said
What I wouldn’t give to see you again and see that beautiful smile

If I had to travel around the world it would definitely be worthwhile

No comments:

Post a Comment