Sunday 17 December 2017

Over thinking


It four o’clock in morning and my mind is racing away
Over taking my body, the night slowly turns to day
I pour myself a drink and slump in my favourite chair
Tears frozen like icicles in the cold midnight air
The silence of the room filled with the ticking clock
My hear wants to speak but my head puts up a block

Chorus
Over thinking thoughts
They always play at night
Replaying in my mind
From darkness to light
Over thinking thoughts
Keeping me awake
What do I have to gain?
Our love is at stake

It started with a message it took you hours to reply
I asked you a question, you told me a lie
What did I do?  Why are you playing a game?
How can I love you when you don’t feel the same?
The sun is rising and the rain slowly begins to fall
My over thinking thoughts have hit an imaginary wall

Bridge
I want to try and forgive you but I don’t know when

So tomorrow comes and so does the over thinking again

No comments:

Post a Comment