Monday 31 December 2012

Dating Game


The dating game can be tricky

With my look I can’t be picky

I meet a girl, she is rather nice

But with my luck she won’t look twice

 

Shall I ask her for her number?

The response I often wonder

The day comes, it’s now or never

This could change my life forever

 

To my amazement she agrees

We go out and I pay the fees

She looks fantastic walking in

I smile to her a cheesy grin

 

The night continues with success

Surely I can’t make this a mess

A peck on the cheek ends the night

The future, well it looks so bright!
 


The second date is the next day

Where will this date end, who can say?

We walk along the stony beach

Our hands just slightly out of reach

 

Saying our goodbyes once again

Our hearts dry in this pouring rain

On holiday for the next few days

We communicate many different ways

 

She has returned but not in touch

Who would have thought she meant so much

I hope the phone rings very soon

If it does I’ll jump to the moon

 

This can’t be a thing of the past

I definitely hope this one lasts

Now as I type this ending line
 
I hope the lady will be mine

No comments:

Post a Comment