Monday 31 December 2012

The Supply Teacher


The phone rings at an unusual hour

I turn over feeling a little bit sour

Do I answer, or in bed do I stay?

I pick up the receiver, “Hello” I say

 

They tell me I’m in a school very far

I tell them no problems I’ve got a car

I jump out of bed and get ready quick

I best slow down as I feel a bit sick

 

My journey begins, rush hour traffic

The driver behind, a little bit manic

I take a wrong turn that won’t do

A six point turn is something new

 

I arrive at the school as fresh as can be

The office take a look and say ‘we’ll see’

Head teacher walks out with a crooked smile

Knowing that the class ahead is rather vile

 

I walk the corridor heading for doom

I must think positive get out of this gloom

The school has colourful displays on the wall

Is this the calm before the fall?

 

I enter the room and am greeted with silence

I don’t think the class has any violence

The head teacher says her final farewell

Suddenly the room is filled by the class from hell!

 

The class begin to jump up and down

I look at them with my sturdy frown

It makes a couple of them sit and listen

Some of these kids will end up in a prison!

 

I get through the day without a shout

Looking forward to my next challenging bout

Some say thanks on their way home

Manners are great, I begin to groan

 

Another day over and money in the bank

I felt like the Titanic except that sank!

Teaching can be a misconception

But please don’t send me back into reception!

No comments:

Post a Comment