Monday 31 December 2012

Holiday Blues


Returning home I have the holiday blues

So here I am with my thoughts and news

I look around and one have become two

Only me as one so what’s new

 

People don’t know how alone I can be

They only see what they want to see

Friends wanting a joke or two

Close friends, there are only a few

 

My barriers built a long time ago

My feelings never wanting to let go

Keeping everyone at a safe distance

Reminiscing over that missed chance

 

At times I cry myself to sleep

Trying not to count endless sheep

Another day another face

Counting down to get out of this place

 

Telling jokes friends have often clapped

But inside I feel so very trapped

I’ve been on many many a date

They all say the same ‘Just want to be a mate’

 

Apparently I’m too nice a guy

Something I really just don’t buy

So the search continues on and on

Hoping to find that special someone

No comments:

Post a Comment