Monday 2 December 2013

Exhaustion

Too tired to move but I just can’t stop

Washing, ironing and then a trip to the shop

Life has to continue but I want it to pause

Don’t know the answer or what’s the cause?

 

Is it simply getting old or something else inside?

Trying to continue while this illness I hide

Others still expecting to give life my all

While I seem to struggle over an imaginative wall

 

My body so weak but my head still strong

The days of exhaustion still far too long

Hours pass by and the minutes slowly tick

Needing help with this exhaustion and so very quick

 

Some days I struggle to climb out of my bed

Attempting to move but my body like lead

People call me names but not to my face

If only my exhaustion I could seriously replace

 

So next time you see me and I say I’m alright

Unable to tell you I’ve had another sleepless night

Crying with the pain but only on the inside

Exhaustion is something I’ll just have to abide

No comments:

Post a Comment