Saturday 7 December 2013

I should have read the sign

A simple gesture that I didn’t see

A gesture that should have set my heart free

You gave me your number and I gave you a call

Trying to be funny so my emotions wouldn’t fall

 

Another night out with a mutual friend

Me oblivious to the signals that you send

You grab my hand and we held on tight

We looked at each other and the moment was right

 

In my head I always thought wanted to be a mate

Until someone told me you wanted to be my date

I took the plunge, took a deep breath and asked you out

Your refusal had me believing my doubt

 

My timing was late and she had quickly moved on

Apparently this time she had found the one

Why can’t I cross the relationship line?

I should have read the that simple sign

No comments:

Post a Comment