Wednesday 3 July 2013

Hurt

I never knew you were capable of the lies and deceit

I never knew you were capable of becoming a cheat

I feel as if I no longer know who you really are

You’ve left behind one hell of a relationship scar

 

The long nights you told me you were working late

We were destined to be couple brought together by fate

I used to feel sorry for you while sitting at home alone

Waiting patiently for a text or a call on the phone

 

The hurt you caused will live with me forever

Not sure if I can trust again but you never say never

We often laughed at little things that used to annoy us

Now the only contact between us through our lawyers

 

I cried myself to sleep the night I discovered the truth

The language I wanted to use was definitely uncouth

The pictures of us together burnt in a orange blaze of fire

My heart broken by a treacherous liar

 

How do I escape this world I am now in?

My emotions shot by you committing a sin

My brave face you see and my emotions calm

I’m still in disbelief that you could cause such harm

No comments:

Post a Comment