Sunday 10 November 2013

Dear Son

Son this is a letter that I didn’t want to write

We all fought the battle and I lost the fight

Many men still at war fighting for our freedom

So that we can still be called a United Kingdom

 

My heart is bleeding penning these words

A silent moment you can distantly hear the birds

A sound you take for granted back on home soil

A sound you long to hear through this almighty turmoil

 

Look after your mum son and always be there

Shower her with love to show you always care

You’ll have to grow up quick and take responsibility

Me being there is an impossibility

 

When your sister begins to grow and attends a state school

Keep her safe from harm as children can be so very cruel

If she needs a hug don’t be ashamed of the publicity it brings

The love for a family member unconditional with no strings

 

Remember Son, be strong and brave and always show respect

Even through adversity, keeping standards high is what I expect

I’ll be watching from the skies above, a proud father me

Sharing my thoughts with other soldiers I’m sure they’ll all agree

 

Take this letter Son and keep it safe by your side

Remember me forever in life on this roller coaster ride

I’ll be with you in spirit and importantly in your heart

Watching your new journey begin from the very start

No comments:

Post a Comment