Wednesday 13 November 2013

The Shopping Trip

It starts in the car park trying to find a space

Two cars competing in the car park race

One space by the shop, the other across the way

Free for up to an hour then you’ll have to pay

 
A pound for the trolley but what size to get

Opt for the big one, as you’ve got food for the pet

You have a system in place walking up and down each aisle

With all the walking you’ve probably gone a mile

 

The old lady in front who suddenly stops still

Searching her pockets for her emergency pill

The kids whizzing past banging into each other

Looking around can’t seem to find their mother

 

The Christmas aisle already but it’s only just November

Is Christmas getting earlier or is it still in December?

The offers on chocolates are definitely not done

So I decide to buy a couple instead of only one

 

The young couple in love walking slowly hand in hand

Stopping at the CD collection to view their favourite band

Walking past the bakery and the odour of baking bread

Buying outdated loaves for the ducks that want to be fed

 

The busiest aisle where they sell the alcoholic beverage

Four bottles of wine a week is apparently he average

The middle aged couple planning for a party at the weekend

By the looks of their trolley they may need a liver to lend

 

Finally at the checkout but which want to go too

Self service, ten items or less or stand in the queue

My trolley full of crap and I forgot what I came for

Looks like I’ll be making another trip through this door

 

The girl on the checkout scanning my items quite rough

She best not squeeze my bread, as enough is enough

I refuse a bag for life as my other one lasted a fortnight

It seemed to snap, even though the items were very light

 

The big shop over for another week at last

And I’ve seemed to have met the supermarket cast

The bonus points tallied and the bags safely in the car

Three bruises from people and the trolley gave me a scar

No comments:

Post a Comment